Web speedodan.blogspot.com

Sunday, March 27, 2005

Many Materials of Speedos – With Pictures

As I mentioned in the ‘Introduction,’ Speedo suits have been and are made in many materials. Here is a picture of me wearing four different suits made from four different materials. The cotton and nylon swimsuits are Speedo brands. The polyester suit is made by Hind and the Spandex suit is from Laguna.

To me cotton just doesn’t cut it – it stays wet too long and doesn’t fit snugly. Polyester has a great fit, but it degrades over time. Nylon lasts forever, but doesn’t have the contour hugging ability of polyester. That brings us to the Lycra/Spandex. It is the most common material found in a Speedo suit today and with good reason. It fits great, dries fast, and while not as durable as nylon, it last far longer than polyester. It gets my vote as the best material! Leave comments in the comment field to let me know what you think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home